FloCombat Prospect Rankings | July 2018
FloCombat Prospect Rankings | Flyweight | July 2018
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American flyweight MMA prospects for July 2018.
Rankings based off the following...
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition.
|RANK||NAME||AGE||RECORD||COUNTRY||NEXT FIGHT||PREVIOUS RANKING|
|8||Malcolm Gordon||27||10-3||CANADA||Aug. 2 vs. James Mancini||9|
|9||Riley Dutro||30||12-3||USA||July 10 vs. Jordan Espinosa||10|
|19||Jordan Espinosa||28||12-5, 1 NC||USA||19|
#1 – Casey Kenney (9-1-1)
Kenny is coming off a unanimous decision victory over UFC veteran Roman Salazar, where he stepped up a weight class at LFA 44 on June 29. The 27-year-old last four opponents have a combined record of 42-16.
#2 – Carlos Candelario (7-0)
Fans will likely remember "The Cannon" for his unanimous decision victory over Jose Aldo's jiu-jitsu coach, Ronaldo Candido. Candelario trains at a number of different gyms but spends most of his time at Underdog MMA under the tutelage of CES featherweight champion Matt Bessette
#3 – Yoni Sherbatov (7-1-1)
Sherbatov is coming off the first loss of his career, a first-round submission setback to Felipe Silva at ACB 85.
#4 – Sid Bice (8-2)
Bice has won three of his last four fights but is coming off a TKO loss to Maikel Perez at LFA 37 for the promotion's vacant flyweight title.
#5 – Jonathan Martinez (9-1)
Martinez is just 24 years old and has finished seven of his 10 career opponents. He has yet to compete this year.
- Juan Puerta enters the rankings in the No. 10 spot