FloCombat Prospect Rankings - December 2017
FloCombat Prospect Rankings - Lightweight - December 2017
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American lightweight MMA prospects for December 2017.
Rankings based off the following....
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition.
- Bobby Lee (#10), Vince Fricilone (#15) and Devonte Smith (#16) enter the rankings
|RANK||NAME||AGE||RECORD||COUNTRY||NEXT FIGHT||PREVIOUS RANKING|
|3||Austin Arnett||25||15-3||USA||Fights Feb 2. vs. Drew Brockshire||3|
|4||Trey Ogden||27||9-1||USA||Fights Dec. 2 vs. Thomas Gifford||4|
|11||Jason Soares||27||10-0||USA||Fights Dec. 9 vs. Herbert Burns||9|
|18||Alexi Argyriou||24||5-0 NC||CANADA||15|
#1 -- Robert Watley (9-1)
The LFA lightweight champion successfully defended his title on Nov. 10 when he knocked out Daryl Wilson in the third round at LFA 27. The 28-year-old is currently riding a nine-fight win streak.
#2 -- Lowen Tynanes (9-0)
If "Tynanes" doesn't ring a bell, that's probably because he's fought his last three fights for ONE Championship overseas. The 26-year-old Hawaiian fighter has only gone the distance twice in his career and boasts four wins by submission. He's coming off a unanimous decision victory over Koji Ando at ONE Championship: Global Rivals in April 2016.
#3 -- Austin Arnett (15-3)
The Washington State native Arnett had his 13-fight winning streak snapped in his last bout, suffering a unanimous decision loss to Brandon Davis on August 1. The 26-year old faces Drew Brockshire at Dominate FC on Feb. 24.
#4 -- Trey Ogden (9-1)
Ogden is coming off a first-round submission victory over TJ Brown at LFA 21, pushing his winning streak to seven straight. The 27-year-old boasts seven wins by submission and has only gone the distance twice in his career. Ogden faces Thomas Gifford at KCFA 26 on Dec. 2.
#5 – Alex Hernandez (8-1)
Hernandez is currently riding a six-fight win streak including a first-round TKO victory over Derrick Adkins at LFA 27. The 25-year-old’s lone setback in his career was a split decision loss to Jamall Emmers in 2013. Expect this lightweight fighter to be picked up by the UFC soon.