FloCombat Prospect Rankings - December 2017
FloCombat Prospect Rankings - Featherweight - December 2017
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American featherweight MMA prospects for December 2017.
Rankings based off the following....
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition.
- With previously #2 ranked Hakeem Dawodu signed by the UFC he’s been removed from the rankings
- Previously #6 ranked Julio Arce enters the Top 5
- Nate Landwehr enters the rankings in the #10 spot
- Justin Gonzalez enters the rankings in the #16 spot
|RANK||NAME||AGE||RECORD||COUNTRY||NEXT FIGHT||PREVIOUS RANKING|
|7||Sam Toomer||29||11-1 NC||USA||Fights Dec. 15 vs. Nate Jennerman||8|
|9||Sodiq Yusuff||24||5-0||USA||Fights Dec. 15 vs. Luis Alvarez||10|
|10||Andrés Quintana||26||12-2||USA||Fights Dec. 1 vs. Ray Trujillo||11|
|18||TJ Laramie||19||6-2||CANADA||Fights Dec. 8 vs. Charles Jourdain||17|
|19||Charles Jourdain||21||5-0||CANADA||Fights Dec. 8 vs. TJ Laramie||18|
#1 -- Andre Harrison (17-0)
Harrison has one of the most impressive resumes on this list for a fighter who wasn't picked up by the UFC. The 29-year-old boasts wins over Kurt Holobaugh, Desmond Green and Steve Siler. In March, he captured the WSOF featherweight title by defeating Lance Palmer by unanimous decision at WSOF 35. He's coming off a unanimous-decision victory over Steven Rodriguez on July 29 at PFL: Everett.
#2-- Juan Archuleta (17-1)
One of the top-ranked featherweights out of California, Archuleta is the current King of the Cage (KOTC) and CFL 145-pound champion. The 29-year-old Archuleta has six knockout victories on his resume and most recently defeated Mark Dickman Dec. 3. Archuleta's mantle is ridiculous. He is the KOTC featherweight, bantamweight, lightweight, and 160-pound champion. Four titles. Four.
#3 -- Kevin Aguilar (12-1)
Aguilar captured the vacant LFA featherweight title in February when he knocked out UFC veteran Damon Jackson at LFA 4. The win was the 28-year-old's fourth in a row, as he hasn't lost since a 2013 TKO setback to former UFC featherweight Leonard Garcia at Legacy FC 26. Aguilar successfully defended his title on August 4 against Justin Rader (7-3) at LFA 18, winning by unanimous decision.
#4 -- Lance Palmer (12-3)
The Team Alpha Male standout has won six of his 10 career fights by submission and boasts wins over UFC featherweight Rick Glenn and WEC veteran Chris Horodecki. The 30-year-old is coming off a unanimous decision win over UFC veteran Steven Siler at PFL Washington.
#5 – Julio Arce (13-2)
Arce is the current Ring of Combat featherweight champion and is currently riding a five-fight win streak. His only two losses are to current UFC bantamweight Brian Kelleher and since moving up to featherweight last year he’s remained undefeated. The Tiger Shuman standout is coming off a second-round TKO win over Peter Petties at Dana White’s Contender Series 5.