FloCombat Prospect Rankings - December 2017
FloCombat Prospect Rankings - Heavyweight - December 2017
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American heavyweight MMA prospects for December 2017.
Rankings based off the following....
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition
- Christopher Daukaus enters the rankings in the No. 19 spot.
|RANK||NAME||AGE||RECORD||COUNTRY||NEXT FIGHT||PREVIOUS RANKING|
|4||Dontale Mayes||25||3-2||USA||Fights Jan. 13 vs. Michael Reyes||3|
|11||Brett Martin||23||4-0, NC||USA||12|
#1 -- Adam Dyczka (6-0)
Dyczka remains in the No. 1 spot as the only heavyweight in the Top 5 with an undefeated record. The 26-year-old defeated Bakary Sakho at TKO 41 via first-round TKO Dec. 8, running his record to 6-0.
#2 - Tanner Boser (12-4)
The Canadian heavyweight moves to the #2 spot with his highlight-reel knockout over Dave Cryer at ACB 72.
#3 – Jeff Hughes (8-1)
The 29-year-old recently won the LFA heavyweight title by defeating former champion Richard Odoms by unanimous decision at LFA 26 this past month. Hughes has won eight of his last nine fights with his lone loss coming against TUF 19 standout Dan Spohn.
#4 -- . Dontale Mayes (3-2)
The 25-year-old faces Michael Reyes at North Star Combat 8 on Jan. 13.
#5 – Jared Vanderaa (6-1)
The 25-years-old boasts all six of his wins by stoppage and has yet to go the distance in his seven-fight career. Vanderaa faces Andrew van Zyl at EFC 66 Dec. 16.