FloCombat Prospect Rankings - April 2018
FloCombat Prospect Rankings | Lightweight | April 2018
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American lightweight MMA prospects for April 2018.
Rankings based off the following...
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition.
|12||Sidney Outlaw||25||9-3||USA||April 14 vs. Bassil Hafez||12|
|20||Alexi Argyriou||24||5-0 NC||CANADA||17|
#1 – Robert Watley (10-1)
The LFA lightweight champion is currently riding a 10-fight winning streak, including a unanimous decision victory over Brandon Jenkins at LFA 34 on March 2.
#2 – Trey Ogden (10-2)
The Glory MMA submitted Travis Perzynski in the first round at LFA 34 on March 2. Ogden has won eight of his last nine fights.
#3 – Thai Clark (7-0)
Clark was slated to face UFC veteran Damon Jackson at LFA 28 in December; however, when "The Ultimate Fighter" announced it was having tryouts, he opted for that instead. Looks like it paid off as Clark was named as one of the contestants for season 27.
#4 – Nick Browne (7-1)
Browne has finished five of his eight opponents and had his seven-fight win streak snapped in his last bout when he lost to TUF 27 contestant John Gunther.
#5 – Joe Giannetti (6-0)
Giannetti will be featured on season 27 of "The Ultimate Fighter" and with good reason. The 22-year-old has won all of his fights by submission.