FloCombat Prospect Rankings - April 2018
FloCombat Prospect Rankings | Light Heavyweight | April 2018
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American light heavyweight MMA prospects for April 2018.
Rankings based off the following...
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition.
|RANK||NAME||AGE||RECORD||COUNTRY||NEXT FIGHT||PREVIOUS RANKING|
|3||Kyle Noblitt||28||9-1||USA||May 26 vs. Daniel Vizcaya||3|
|5||Cameron Olson||28||9-4, 1 NC||USA||5|
#1 – Smealinho Rama (10-3)
The 25-year-old is a former WSOF heavyweight champion has yet to compete in 2018 after recovering from an injury last year. Keep an eye out for Rama in the PFL light heavyweight tournament when that gets announced.
#2 – Ryan Spann (13-5)
Spann captured the LFA light heavyweight title by knocking out UFC veteran Alex Nicholson in the first round at LFA 32 on Jan. 26.
#3 – Kyle Noblitt (9-1)
Noblitt is coming off the first loss of his career to Jamal Pogues on Feb. 10. He slips to the No. 3 spot.
#4 – Alonzo Menifield (6-0)
Menifield kept his unblemished record intact Feb. 16 at LFA 33 when he submitted Brice Ritani-Coe in the first round. Don’t be surprised if Menifield gets signed by the UFC this year.
#5 – Cameron Olson (9-3 NC)
The 27-year-old Roufusport product is coming off a controversial loss to No. 10-ranked Teddy Ash at Prestige FC 5 in March. Regardless, Olson still holds up the No. 5 spot in the rankings.