FloCombat Prospect Rankings - March 2018
FloCombat Prospect Rankings - Heavyweight - March 2018
FloCombat ranks the top 20 North American heavyweight MMA prospects for March 2018.
Rankings based off the following....
- North American fighters only. For example, Thiago Moises wouldn't qualify for these rankings despite training in the U.S.
- No fighters that have fought for or who are set to fight for the UFC.
- Fighters competing on Dana White's Contender Series included.
- No long-term Bellator fighters or champions. Exceptions for some preliminary fighters.
- All fighters aged 30 and under.
- Rankings based off age, record, and level of competition.
- John Lair was mistakenly put in the light heavyweight rankings in the No. 13 spot. He enters the heavyweight rankings in the No. 12 spot.
|RANK||NAME||AGE||RECORD||COUNTRY||NEXT FIGHT||PREVIOUS RANKING|
|1||Adam Dyczka||26||6-0-NC||CANADA||Fights May 4 vs. Icho Larenas||1|
|3||Jeff Hughes||29||8-1||USA||Fights April 27 vs. Maurice Green||3|
|5||Justin Frazier||28||9-2||USA||Fights March 17 vs. Reggie Cato||5|
|11||Brett Martin||23||4-0, NC||USA||11|
|19||Austen Lane||30||3-0||USA||Fights March 10 vs. Ben Rowland||20|
#1 — Adam Dyczka (6-0, NC)
Dyczka defeated Bakary Sakho by stoppage at TKO 41 on December 8 to win the promotions vacant heavyweight title. However the 26-year-old violated the Quebec Athletic Commission’s anti-doping policy due to a failed test for marijuana and the bout was turned into a “No Contest.” He faces UFC veteran Icho Larenas at TKO 43 on May 4. His ranking still stands, as he’s the only undefeated fighter in the top five.
#2 — Tanner Boser (12-4)
The Canadian picked up a unanimous decision victory over WSOF/Bellator veteran DJ Linderman at ACB 81 on Feb. 23. He’s won back-to-back fights since losing two in a row last year.
#3 — Jeff Hughes (8-1)
The 29-year-old recently won the LFA heavyweight title by defeating former champion Richard Odoms by unanimous decision at LFA 26 this past month. Hughes has won eight of his last nine fights, with his lone loss coming against TUF 19 standout Dan Spohn. He now faces Maurice Green on April 27 for LFA.
#4 — Dontale Mayes (3-2)
Despite his record, Mayes still remains one of the most promising heavyweights in the division. The 26-year old faces our No. 9-ranked heavyweight Mohammad Usman on April 14.
#5 — Justin Frazier (9-2)
Frazier enters the top five following his first-round submission victory over Parnell Davis at Revolution Combat Championships: Vol. 14 in December. The 28-year-old faces Reggie Cato at Pyramid Fights 6 on March 17.